Published by admin on 10 Jan 2012
Michael Carnevale, Database Services Manager at MSN
Excellent customer service is so much more than working to get the customer what they need. It’s a 360 degree experience. If we are to provide this type of service, it should be our goal to make the customer feel special and important- allowing them to walk away from the experience knowing they made a good decision by choosing our services. MSN’s Michael Carnevale offers 5 Tips to Remember to Provide Your Clients and Their Customers with Excellent Service and Care:
- LISTEN! The best and most productive way to quickly meet (and exceed, right?) a customer’s needs is to know precisely what they are…. through listening! Ask specific questions and listen closely. Read between the lines of what they say to fully grasp every element of the situation.
- Double Check Everything. We all know to measure twice and cut once, right? No matter what line of business you’re in, details matter. Details matter even when you think they won’t. So don’t make what could be a costly mistake just from being hasty or over-confident. And honestly, it really doesn’t hurt to triple check everything. (I do!)
- Keep Customer Service Your #1 Priority. It’s tempting to drift toward choosing the easiest solution (even if it works) without much consideration if you don’t have an end goal in mind. So what is the end goal? To keep the customer first.
- Never say “NO.” If customer service IS your first priority, then you need to know what you can say in place of the dreaded “no.” Preparation is key. Always know what the acceptable alternatives are in your specific industry. Re-direct and say what you CAN do instead of what you CAN’T do.
- Don’t Be Afraid to think outside of the box. Do whatever it takes to go above and beyond for your client. There’s a reason your client chose you! If you have to get creative and find an entirely new strategy to meet and exceed their needs, it will bring positive benefits. Don’t be afraid of innovation!
Check back next Tuesday for more Tips From Our Team!